Last Wednesday evening saw the combined Chelmsford & Basildon Veterans teams in action in the final match of the main EMAC League season. Although originally scheduled to take place at Basildon, the match was re-arranged to take place at Melbourne Park.
Final scores in the match were:
- Thurrock Harriers:84
- Southend AC:75
- Colchester Harriers:59
- CAT’s/Ipswich Harriers:48
- West Suffolk/St Edmunds:19
- West Suffolk/St Edmunds:70
- Southend AC:66
- Colchester Harriers:33
- CAT’s/Ipswich Harriers:28
Individual wins were recorded for the following Chelmsford AC athletes:
- David Tullett (M50+) – Mile
- Roger Skedd (M35+) – Hammer
- Geoff Tyler (M60+) – Javelin
- Clare St. John-Coleman (W60+) – 200m, Triple Jump, Pole Vault
- Shirley Quinn (W60+) – Hammer, Javelin
The Ladies finished as winners of the EMAC Southern Division, while the Men finished in third place.
In the overall EMAC League, the Ladies were placed third, and the Men were sixth, and as a result, both have qualified for the end of season Final, at Milton Keynes on Saturday 25th September.
Well done to the Veterans of both Chelmsford and Basildon AC, to joint team manager Geoff Tyler - and good luck for the Final!