Chelmsford Athletic Club urgently needs more volunteers to help in the running of the club. As the existing committee and coaches are already fully engaged in Club activities and coaching, we need to spread several functions across many more people.
If you can help in any way, please volunteer at the Club’s AGM on 26 March. Initially, you can either offer your services via the club website, or speak with John Weir on a training night.
HELP is needed in the following areas:
- We need a new Treasurer to control the Club finances
- We need additional rota staff on the club reception desk to receive training fees and subscriptions. Ideally one volunteer should control banking, and pass information to the new Treasurer
- We need someone to control vests stocks (including ordering and sales to athletes) and vest numbers for competition
- We need someone to be meetings organiser for home matches - including recruiting of officials, medical cover, officials catering
- We need someone to liaise with the Council on Track bookings for training and home athletic matches
- We need someone to help organise the catering supplies for home matches, and to organise volunteers to man the catering hut, and generate valuable income for the club
- We need help on the admin of the clubhouse - checking on cloakroom supplies and clearance of waste bags each month
Much of the above work is concentrated around John Weir, who intends to remain with the Club and provide advice and guidance to the new volunteers.
The Club Committee feels it is the right time for this work to be distributed over a large number of people – so that no one should be afraid that they are being seen as John’s replacement.